Monday, July 13, 2009

The Working Mom :)

So I have finally went back to work, and I say that with excitement and sadness. We began the morning with a new "mommy going back to work" routine. I breastfed Veda as usual but then handed her off to Bradley for the formula feed. I then attempted to go back to sleep, but did not get very many zzzz's since I wanted to take in all her smiles and little noises before I headed to work. Bradley and Veda were both asleep by the time I got out of the shower, and I had to whisper my good-bye's. I kissed little Veda and whispered sweet nothings in her ear, and kissed Bradley good-bye...all this without a tear shed. I was excited to get back to the work I love and have some "adult" time. I began on a new floor, the neonatal intesive care unit, and it was a great day with some very funny women. We stayed very busy, but it was hard to hold these tiny babes and not think about my little lady at home. All in all it was a great two days at work, but I am so happy to be back in the "at home mommy" routine. Bradley did fabulous with her. She was bathed and in matching clothes when I came home! I know she needs these daddy moments. They are creating the same bonds that I have been creating with her while he is at work.

Little Veda has started to roll over...oh what's next...crawling! It is flying by! Her little moments are becoming more and more BIG milestons. It's bitter sweet to see her grow and change. She has an amazing, soothing personality. It is addicting and contagious. I become a better person spirtually and emotionally simply by her sweet presence. The gift God gives you with a child is so amazing...it's the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.

3 comments:

  1. Great post......you almost made me cry. I love the way you ended this post ~ from now on you have to always end with that!

    P.S. You are becoming a pro at this blogging thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the music as well.Makes me think of Bradley's senior video...WOW !! now that is some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Suzanne! Veda is rolling over! YAY! the time flies doesn't it? can't wait to see what comes up next on here. i bet your mom is loving it too :)

    ReplyDelete