Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the magic of santa

So we took Veda to meet the magical man of Christmas. {Well, I guess one of them since really Christmas should be more importantly celebrated for the birth of baby Jesus.}

We decided to go on a Monday afternoon to beat all the hussle and bussle of Christmas shoppers, and I really didn't want to have to wait in line. I am impatient, so to compound that with screaming children and obsessive moms, I would have been "blink blowing up" people. Yes, I do that! When we are in crowded areas with people walking the wrong way, or the people that just STOP in the center of the walkway my blood gets to boiling. So, I blink hard and pretent to blow them up. Mean and cruel I know, but that is my way of venting instead of going postal on them.

We were the only ones in line, and we didn't feel rushed. (I didn't have to blink at anyone!) And, our Santa was amazing. I really think he is the real one with his full, thick white beard and rosey cheeks. He was dancing in his throne as we made our way to him. Veda took him in with her little bottom lip tucked under her top one. (People usually think she is on the verge of crying, but she really is just giving you a look over.) And, then she gave him a huge smile. We nestled her into his arm, and I stepped back cautiously waiting for my little lady to start crying. She of course did great and gave us a big smile for the camera. What a magical first experience with Santa!



Only 17 days until Christmas!
Hope the holiday planning, shopping, and decorating are going wonderful for everyone, and none of you are "blinking" to hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment